Tuesday, February 4, 2014

My Garden Bed

We have a huge backyard, but all of it belongs to our two Siberian Huskies!

They run, play, poo, drink, and sometimes eat in their backyard.  

About a week before our wedding, I suddenly had the brilliant idea of clearing out the weeds in our laundry area, since this is the place where the wedding party would be waiting for the march-in.  

Since it is the only outdoor area our huskies can't get to because we also installed a timber gate cordoning off the laundry area, I thought why not build a garden bed there too to try growing a small veggie garden!

It's only been about three weeks since I first planted some seeds in the potting mix, and look at the results!  Having only had cactus plants which I've progressively killed my whole life, this growing veggie bed is such a delight to behold :)


Sweet corn sprouting from seeds


My baby spinach growing tall 

No comments: