Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Parenting 101

Luna

Luna is our 7 week old Siberian Husky puppy.

We have had her for 3 nights and it was really a huge jolt into the reality of parenthood for Mr Bauer and I.  

Luna needs to be watched all the time.  Leave her a second and she is chewing at my slipper, the mat, the cables (big nono!)  Do my own thing for awhile and she has pee-ed on the carpet and poo-ed somewhere else.  The first two nights were a big adjustment for us and I don't think we realised exactly how closely she needed to be watched.  By the 3rd night though, I was well trained.  I began to observe her tell-tale potty signs - sniffing.  A couple of times I second guessed myself, especially since she didn't go even after putting her in the designated indoor potty place, but I turn my back for a couple of seconds, and lo-and-behold, she has gone where she's not supposed to.  

This is just the beginning, but at this stage, Luna is really teaching us more about parenting than I am house-training her, and it is all good.  Because when I look at her sleeping body, I forgive her all her wrong doings and feel that it is all worth it.  And isn't that what parents usually say?

*update:  Luna successfully whined for our attention, and did a No.1 and No.2 outside when we let her out!!!

No comments: